Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Developer Experience enables engineers to deliver services, products and platforms for their business. Increasingly the firm relies on technology to achieve its commercial goals and deliver value to shareholders through innovative technology solutions. To achieve these ambitions, we must be able to empower our talented engineers by providing a developer environment that is attractive, matches their expectations, keeps them engaged and productive.
Developer Experience is responsible for Goldman Sachs’ mission critical production platforms including:
- Private and public cloud computing platforms
- Distributed scheduling
- Security and critical infrastructure services
- API platform
Our aim is to innovate and drive technology solutions that will impact the bottom line for the firm. By joining us, you will be part of a diverse global technical team focusing on solving critical business problems.
Work on a multi-year initiative to build out our strategic, highly scalable and resilient SDLC platform using cutting-edge technologies and streamlining processes for our engineers across the firm.
You will be part of AREA, a global team of Java/Python developers who manage a Maven-compliant artifact repository serving build-time dependencies and runtime deployables for automated build and deployment systems, and thousands of software engineers in the firm. Join us as a senior engineer part of the core team re-architecting and delivering the system for public cloud utilizing Amazon Web Services / RDS / S3 / Lambda / Serverless.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be part of the core team to drive strategic uplift of core SDLC platforms to increase throughput, latency, scalability and resiliency
- Build strong relationships and enjoy collaboration with other high caliber engineers open to adopting new ideas
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- 5 years of professional software development experience in one of Java, Python, Go, or similar
- Highly knowledgeable about running critical business applications on Linux
- Knowledgeable about networking (TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, HTTP, SSH, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly entrepreneurial and motivated
- 8 years of professional software development experience in one of Java, Python, Go, or similar
- Experience with public cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services / Lambda / Serverless
- Experience in architecting horizontally scalable systems with knowledge of elastic compute and distributed systems patterns
- Experience with build systems (Maven / Gradle)
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity