Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or in a customer and/or partner-facing role.
- Experience with cloud computing concepts such as Big Data, Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (PaaS and IaaS) technologies.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management as it relates to big data trends and business challenges. Experience using and/or managing databases.
- Experience with networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers and firewalls.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience in delivering cutting-edge solutions for large strategic partners
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
About The Job
As a Partner Engineer in the Google Cloud Partner Solutions & Technology team, you will be aligned to one of two large strategic partners and work closely on the business development, sales execution and solution areas to grow and support the Google Cloud partner ecosystem. You will contribute to customer adoption of Google Cloud by assessing our partners’ technical expertise, connecting the customer with the right partner, and supporting partners as they execute practical and useful solutions. You will help prospective partners understand Google Cloud features, and align with the product marketing and engineering teams to recommend improvements to Google Cloud products.
You will be working with large strategic partners and represent Google Cloud internally and externally to senior leadership. With your entrepreneurial approach and strategic thought leadership as well as innovative mindset, we help our partners realize the unique value proposition of Google Workspace and Google Cloud Platform and help them build winning solutions and Point of Views. Our team thrives in a collaborative environment, works cross-functionally and cross-regionally with the Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams to develop new ways to drive Google Cloud growth.
From startups building their first app to billion-user consumer companies crunching big data, the Google Cloud Platform gives developers and businesses the most advanced data and analytics solution on the market, along with Google's secure, high performance infrastructure. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Work with the cross-functional teams to identify and qualify partnership opportunities. Own the technical relationship with the partners, enabling them on product and solution briefings, articulate GCP differentiators, POCs and pre-sales engagements.
- Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations for promoting successful partner engagements. Support partners in prototyping and demonstrating product integrations in customer environments and identifying and mitigating key customer technical objections to win joint opportunities.
- Build a GCP technology practice within partner organization, identifying key engineering resources, organizing deep technical enablements to prepare them with strong services and system integration skills.
- Co-own the GTM with Partner Development Manager, as a technology advisor helping grow the Google Cloud and Partner business in region.
- Be a technical advisor to partners recommending integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a GCP solution.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .