Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Singapore due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with data management architectures including storage subsystems, high availability, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, performance, scalability, security, monitoring and database management.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following database technologies; Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcached, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Cassandra.
- Extensive customer-facing pre-sales or professional consulting experience in the fields of data and information lifecycle management translating customer business needs into cloud centric solutions.
- Demonstrable experience building product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept planning, execution and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of database solutions.
- Experience in a regional role demonstrating the ability to lead by influence in an ambiguous environment with a track record of building compelling value propositions and strong commercial proposals.
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems either in on-premise or data center environments or migration to cloud scenarios.
About The Job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Google Cloud provides customers a portfolio of fully managed open-source and commercial database services as well as innovative cloud-native databases developed by Google. In addition, the portfolio also includes popular third-party database services to meet the requirements of our customers.
As Practice Specialist, you will be a subject matter expert on the Google database portfolio and help develop new solution initiatives and the materials to support a broad cross-functional group of internal stakeholders and partners.
You will also engage with strategic customers to articulate the databases portfolio and help design and optimize the customers data management environment using Google Cloud databases.
You will help ensure technical and commercial readiness of these solutions, including assets to enable go-to-market teams, and provide field feedback to the Product and Engineering teams to help shape product direction.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Lead customer database discovery and assessment workshops to identify and classify workloads and targets for moving to Google Cloud databases.
- Build reusable assets including sales/technical presentations, solution workshops, key win stories, and maintain competitive collateral.
- Provide guidance and training to field sales teams on identifying and prioritizing customer opportunities, create messaging and offers and help with agreement progression by mitigating blockers.
- Collaborate with product/solution teams and the solution architecture team to build use case specific assets and provide feedback on product enhancements.
- Work closely with the partner teams to build specialisation on the Google Cloud database portfolio, participate in partner-led customer events and assist partners in strategic customer opportunities.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form .