Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of professional experience, within business intelligence/data analytics or solution ownership roles
- Experience with systems deployments and data architecture methodologies
- Experience with SQL, Data Governance, and Tableau
- Experience driving change in dynamic, high growth environments
- Experience managing process improvement implementations spanning process, systems, and people
- Experience with designing and simplifying complex processes and implementing them with a well-defined rhythm and excellence
- Ability to leverage a product management mentality in defining organizational needs, optimizing for user experience and defining key performance indicators to consistently evaluate impact
- Ability of managing multiple projects with executive stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and well organized
About The Job
The Google Devices and Services team focuses on Google and Nest branded hardware across all product categories. Our team is responsible for managing partnerships and go-to-market operations with carriers, retailers, and enterprise verticals, including developing channel strategy, commercial terms, marketing and merchandising, and overall market share goals. We partner cross-functionally with marketing, product and engineering, finance, and retail marketing teams internally, and with our partners across these disciplines.
As a Solutions Lead, you will be responsible for prioritizing, creating solutions, and delivering data operations. You will report automation and analytics solutions for the Devices and Services Partnerships organization.
In this role, you will assess priorities and opportunities for transformation within the region, assess process, tools, and infrastructure needs. You will align business requirements with technical capabilities, and outline and drive implementation plans across people, process, systems, and tools.
Additionally, you will maintain a broad perspective by defining goals for our data, automation, and analytics capabilities within the region, whilst partnering internally to design and delivering innovative solutions for our Google teams.
- Own the prioritization, roadmap, and delivery of data operations, automation and reporting/analytics solutions to end-users (i.e., sales teams, operations organizations, executive teams) for the region.
- Define requirements for prioritized solutions covering business process, policies, technical design, and end-user requirements for digital solutions.
- Own the the data capability Roadmap for the region, data quality assurance operations including channel data management, master data governance, and user support, training, and documentation strategies.
- Leverage data architecture, front-end dashboarding, and analytics design capabilities to design and development highly-adopted dashboards and tools for the region.
- Leverage a product owner mindset to define user metrics for deployed tools, assess current state solutions, and outline strategies to improve overall adoption and usage.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .