Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience leading enterprise application portfolios and associated technologies (VMWare, Openstack, Openshift, Kubernetes, etc.).
- 5 years of experience in client-facing projects/troubleshooting with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Software development experience in Java, C++, or C, including data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience refactoring monolithic applications to microservices, APIs, and/or serverless models.
- Experience architecting, deploying developing software, or internet scale production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments such as Google Cloud Platform or other public clouds.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience leading application modernization projects or application architecture projects.
- Experience with DevOps practices, including infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
- Have Government G50 CAT-1 Security Clearance with industry experience working in Government, dealing with sensitive/classified workloads
About The Job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Strategic Cloud Engineer, you will work with customers to assess existing enterprise applications by providing application design expertise, assessing and classifying applications and application platforms, and proposing rewrite approaches to facilitate deployment to Google Cloud products. You will work with customers on application re-design and implementation including application scaling, reliability, and ongoing operations such as application and feature rollouts, monitoring, and more. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
In this role, you will be working with Google's most strategic Cloud customers. Alongside the team, you will support customer application assessment and implementation of Google Cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, application migration, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and more.
You will need to have Government G50 CAT-1 Security Clearance, ideally with industry experience working in Government where you have dealt with sensitive/classified workloads.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex cloud architecture software development challenges.
- Create and execute enterprise application assessment and migration strategies.
- Recommend approaches and estimated effort for application migration and modernization programs.
- Design, build, and deploy cloud Java or C++ applications on Google Cloud Platform.
- Maintain highest levels of development practices (e.g., technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution) writing clean, modular, and self-sustaining code, with repeatable quality and predictability.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .