Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in coding, using either Java, C++, or Python
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently to manage English and Japanese speaking partners within APAC including Japan
- Experience with web security technologies/concepts (e.g., CSP, TLS, XSS, and CORS)
- Experience writing detailed technical documentation
- Knowledge of the major tools, technologies (e.g., front and back-end) and challenges facing web developers
- Effective technical writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
About The Job
At gTech’s Users and Products team (gUP), we build innovative solutions that take user experience and engagement with Google to the next level, supporting users across products, countries, cultures, incomes, and identities. We advocate for users through partnerships with product areas at Google and some Alphabet businesses, supporting consumer products and enabling numerous launches for Google’s consumer products.
We are committed to building an ever more diverse, equitable, and inclusive gUP, and consider this the foundation upon which individual, team, and user success are built. We're also committed to innovation not only in the content of our work, but in the way we work. Check out this blog post on our Chameleon program. https://rework.withgoogle.com/blog/googles-algorithm-powered-internal-job-marketplace/
As a Technical Solutions Consultant, you will play a critical role in helping make the web a safer, more sustainable, and more private place for the world’s users, while also helping companies and developers build thriving digital businesses that keep the web open and accessible to everyone.
We aim to do this by working across strategic web partners, platforms and ad-tech providers by providing one on one consulting support on privacy sandbox APIs and solutions, including privacy sandbox education and use-case mapping, implementation, and testing support, and migration planning.
We work with many cross-functional teams such as Web Platform, Chrome, Search Ecosystems, Developer Relations, and Global Product Partnerships to help advocate the privacy sandbox initiative, shape the solutions through channeling partner feedback, and incorporate best practices into public documentation and case-studies.
- Help prepare the web and ad-tech ecosystems for major changes Chrome makes to improve privacy on the web, including the planned third-party cookie deprecation.
- Drive early testing and adoption of privacy sandbox APIs while collecting, synthesizing, and sharing early partner feedback with Chrome Product and Engineering teams.
- Provide technical and consultative support to strategic web partners to help them prepare, implement, test, and migrate to new privacy sandbox APIs, while satisfying business needs.
- Work on integration solutions across multiple products and teams.
- Act as a bridge between technical and business stakeholders.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .