Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As an Application Infrastructure Engineer, you will help to level up the team’s competency with your valuable skills. We value failure experiences as much as successful experiences. You will drive, implement, deploy, maintain and operate products or key components of the products. You will collaborate closely with different teams to deliver the best possible and impactful software solutions for whole-of-government.
Specifically, you will be working on central system development projects undertaken by the Clusters & Technology Management Office (CTMO) of GovTech Services. CTMO focuses on harnessing technologies to deliver common systems/platform that can scale and benefit many Government agencies to avoid duplication of effort and improve efficiency.
Passion, a proactive posture and dedication to your project and team will help you succeed in using groundbreaking technologies and innovative solutions to improve standardization.
What You Will Be Working On:
You will work on a Content Web Platform that seeks to provide common hosting services on Cloud for multiple systems/ websites across the Government.
- Manage infrastructure services to support and standardize government-wide application systems environments by working closely with Applications Service Consultant at Public Service agencies
- Support and maintain the development of application infrastructure reference architecture, resource planning, system integration and overall infrastructure operating environment performance in cloud computing platform.
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand the challenges and come up with solutions, crafting proof of concepts (POCs) to affect understanding of underlying technology capability. Spin up own test environments to assess the validity of the technology, and iterate.
- Support IT operations through harmonizing, fine-tuning of performance metrics, incident/problem management and process controls to make certain than the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) operations are effective, with alignment to ITIL principles.
- Work with service providers to ensure their service deliveries, processes and documentations meet significant metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
What We Are Looking For:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, or related fields.
- Good background of practising architecture design & solutioning for Cloud Infrastructure domains.
- Certification(s) in Cloud Technology platform (either in Architecture, DevOps or System Administration/Sysops track), operating systems management, middleware or systems virtualization preferred.
- Conversant with Application Infrastructure/Technical Architecture and Governance Processes.
- Experience in .Net/ Web application development using Microsoft technologies (C#), Microsoft Azure Stack (SQL, WebApp, API App, Storage, CDN).
- Knowledge in DevOps tools (Terraform, Ansible) or DevSecOps would be advantageous.
- Hardworking, proactive and dedicated individual with strong leadership and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Good interpersonal skills, both oral and written, with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and influence partners.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Passion and belief in GovTech core values – Agile, Bold and Collaborative.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours