Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
We are hiring Application Infrastructure Engineers with Full Stack Developer experience in a DevOps environment with broad and deep technical expertise across multiple verticals, methodologies and technologies to join us in codifying everything we do. Demonstrate your domain knowledge by being technically hands-on and participating in new innovative initiatives and improvements to meet the needs of forward-looking Public Service agencies.
What You Will Be Working On:
Develop and maintain web application that can supervise cloud infrastructure, configuration compliance and other requirements to improve DevSecOps automation capabilities.
- Implement codification on new automation systems with integration to existing CI/CD environment to deliver business value in accordance to existing DevOps practices.
- Participate in the development of application infrastructure reference architecture, system integration and acceptance and infrastructure performance testing, including new application system initiatives. The domain areas may include one or more of the following:
- Familiarity with Infrastructure Automation methodologies and technology (e.g. HashiCorp’s Terraform).
- Implementation, monitoring and maintenance of Infocomm Security Services across agencies, with a keen appreciation on application infrastructure security.
- Management of IT infrastructure operations, monitoring of events, performance metrics, design & control production processes in ensuring ICT operations are efficient and effective, with alignment to ITIL principles.
- Be responsible for one, or both, on-premise and cloud application infrastructure services to support application systems environments by collaborating with partners such as business analyst, solution architects and digital services managers.
What We Are Looking For:
- Disciplines in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, or related qualifications.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in developing frontend and backend of a web application.
- Curious and enjoys turning everything into code!
- Individual with strong automation experience with provisioning tools, continuous integration tools, and scripting languages to fulfil the Build, Test and Publish stages in the lifecycle.
- Prior experience in writing high quality and maintainable code on open-source (Linux based) web platforms and frameworks for both frontend UX development and backend experience with RESTful APIs development.
- Good understanding on the Cloud environment and prior experience with micro-service architecture and serverless framework would be advantageous.
- Certification in at least one Cloud Technology platform (either in Architecture, DevOps or System Administration/Sysops track), operating systems management, middleware or systems virtualization, will be preferred.
- Motivated, proactive and dedicated individual with good multi-tasking capabilities who thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Passion and belief in GovTech core values – Agile, Bold and Collaborative.
Experience with technologies in the following list will be advantageous such as:
- Web platforms and frameworks: NodeJS, ReactJS, Angular, Go, etc
- SQL and NoSQL databases: MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions: Gitlab CI, Travis, Jenkin, Bamboo, GoCD
- Cloud hosting: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Configuration languages: Terraform, Packer, Dockerfile
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours