Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG), a critical arm of Govtech, is responsible for providing the internal ICT infrastructure for the Whole Of Government (WoG). This ICT infrastructure covers data centres, WAN / LAN networks, security devices, physical and virtualised workloads, cloud and endpoints.
Government agencies are bound together using the WoG infrastructure as base platform. A rich set of endpoint, email, collaboration, document management and other services are provided centrally by GIG. GIG is working on a Digital Workplace Programme which aims to transform the ICT infrastructure and standard business applications for WoG through the adoption of cloud technologies and services to enhance the way public officers access Government resources and collaborate with one another.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
As an Azure Infrastructure Engineer, your focus is on defining and delivering modern infrastructure for public and hybrid cloud solutions based on Microsoft Azure cloud and the boarder Microsoft technology stack. This includes planning and designing of the desired relationships and operating models across SaaS and internet applications to effectively operate in a Cloud oriented environment.
What To Expect
- Possess Azure technology skillset in the areas of Design, Implementation and Operation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of Azure Active Directory, Enterprise Application Registration, Federated Service, Conditional Access and Entitlement Management.
- Design and implement Azure identity and access management to enable partners and contractors’ access, such as B2B, multi-tenants access.
- Develop technical designs, solutions and codes to integrate Azure services with Yammer, M365, D365, SaaS and other web applications.
- Work with architects to rationalize the technical design and ensure the solution work well with the government infrastructure, policies, standards and security requirements.
- Analyse and develop technology improvement and feedback throughout the deployment and operation cycle.
- Coordinate with Product Principals and System Integrators on the evaluation of technology solutions, carry out proof-of-concepts to validate and establish the appropriate solution for the business.
How To Succeed
- Minimum 5 years of relevant IT infrastructure technical knowledge and experience in the deploying, administering and management of enterprise IT infrastructure systems and services, specifically in Azure AD, ADFS.
- Good understanding of Azure Cloud Adoption framework, the tools and best practices to manage and govern the Azure cloud services.
- Knowledge of modern authentication protocol and technologies such as SAML, OAuth, OIDC, etc.
- Knowledge of coding and scripting (e.g. PowerShell, Graph API, Python), usage of automation tools (e.g. JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence) and experience in implementing Infra-As-Code will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- Keep abreast of ICT technologies, skill-sets and industry practices
- Preferably obtained certification in the following:
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Candidates with more than 8 years of experience will be considered for a senior position.