The Smart Nation Sensor Platform (SNSP) is a Strategic National Project to provide situational awareness for Singapore. SNSP comprises a common infrastructure and services for IoT and related technologies. It will enable the use of sensor data and analytics to co-create Smart Nation applications to deliver better public services enhancing quality of life.
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to deploy, test, automate and operate workloads in the cloud (primarily AWS services). The Engineer will work closely with product teams and capability centres to deploy and manage nation-wide services for SNSP. This role comprises aspect of technical and IT operations functions. It is expected that coding and scripting skills are required. The candidate should also has a balanced skillsets and aptitude to find solutions to problem identified.
What you will be working on:
- Manage the operations of cloud infrastructure and application services
- Develop and operate a variety of deployment scenarios including Cloud-based, on-premise infrastructure as well as IoT platforms
- Design, build and integrate systems in an efficient and robust manner towards a high level of maintainability, reliability and availability
- Perform agile development activities such that products or projects are delivered in accordance to the established SCRUM framework.
- Manage in-house development team and outsourced contractors in delivering project and operational objectives
- Support operationalization effort such as establish processes and best practices
- Conduct design and review of application infrastructure hosted on premise and in the cloud
- Ensure application infrastructure is compliant with established security standards
- Create a high degree of systems usability that is balanced with stringent security requirements
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automate applications infrastructure and administration tasks
- Periodic reporting to Management on operation benchmarks, performance metrics, capacity planning and system incidents
How To Succeed
- Strong knowledge in managing a wide variety of enterprise applications systems in both Windows and Linux platforms (e.g. message broker, databases, web services, API gateway, PKI, load balancer, serverless workloads)
- Hand-on experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure and AWS services.
- Good appreciation of other cloud technologies such as Azure and GPC
- Capable of managing an agile development team
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Agile projects such as SCRUM and KANBAN
- Strong knowledge of Software Defined Network and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform and Ansible)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and complex work environment
- Strong technical aptitude including excellent troubleshooting and communications skills
What we are looking for:
- Qualification in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of managing applications systems in production environment
- At least 3 years of experience in Devops automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Relevant industry certification in application and operating systems would be an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours