Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centers, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong cloud background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be tasked to develop automated processes to support infrastructure operations in the cloud that has integration to various on premise or SaaS solutions. Knowing a wide range of technologies in term of vertical and horizontal breadths, you will optimize, enhance and support applications in the design and deploy of scalable and highly available solutions. You will also be responsible for the overall technical design, pertaining to the infrastructure elements, integration, connectivity and hosting. Your work will help to enable the Government to leverage on the commercial cloud for the development and deployment of digital services.
You will also increase system observability and quantifiability, thereby enabling technical feedback. Your role will also include improving business agility by reducing deployment intervals.
Through keeping development environment, CI/CD pipelines, and other ad-hoc processes well-oiled, you will also help to improve the efficiency of developers.
What you will be working on:
- Work with the product and services team in delivering robust infrastructure services according to the business requirements and demands
- Design, architect and implement codification on new automation systems with integration to existing Ci/CD environment to deliver business value in accordance to existing DevOps practices.
- Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions, involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as its long-term effectiveness, practicality, technical limitations and criticality
- Develop and maintain Code to automate infrastructure and automation for compliance, logging, monitoring (CLM) requirements and integration to designate code repository
- Define and evolve Build and Release best practices, ensuring the system complies with open standards and meets requirements for high availability, resiliency, scalability and security
- Secure code and development/production artefacts and integrate with third-party services.
- Manage release and deployments of bespoke services and jobs.
- Detect/predict/prevent cod release and security issues to CLM code deployment
- Support audit and infrastructure/network security scans, disaster recovery and security related activities.
- Manage processes, automation, best practices, documentation and knowledge transfer to operation team
- Future-proofing the technical environments and ensuring extreme high levels of automation, availability, scalability and resilience
- Ability to conduct research into software and products as required and conduct POC to integrate into a CI/CD pipeline
- Work in a cross-functional service team consisting of software engineers, DevOps, DevSecOps and other specialists
What we are looking for:
- Disciplines in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related qualifications.
- You should have at least 5 year in DevOps role in designing automation solutions using provisioning tools, continuous integration tools, and scripting languages.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in working within an Agile development environment, focusing on dynamic and rapid quality delivery.
- Experience with micro-service architecture, unit testing and regression testing
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and configurations
- Ability to prioritize work and strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy. Able to apply meticulous approach to figures and processes in high agility environment.
- Proactive and dedicated individual with good leadership and multi-tasking capabilities
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to present ideas and influence stakeholders
- Passion and belief in GovTech core values – Agile, Bold and Collaborative
- Professional certification in SysOps and/or DevOps in either AWS, Azure or Google.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity to work with different applications and/or Cloud Services to develop operations solutions to manage an infrastructure.
- Experience with application security and application compliance
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with concepts/technologies in the following list will be an added advantage:
- Data: MySQL (RDS), CouchDB, Redis
- Continuous Integration/Delivery: Gitlab CI, Travis, Jenkin, Bamboo, GoCD
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker Compose
- Configuration and Compliance Automation: Chef,Ansible
- Deployments: Helm, Kustomize, Fargate
- IaC: Terraform
- Hosting: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Logging: FluentD, ElasticSearch, Splunk
- Telemetry: Prometheus, Zipkin, Jaegar, Sysdig
- Security: Harbor, Clair, Vault, Open Policy Agent, Twistlock
- Service mesh: Istio, LinkerD
- Visualisations: Grafana, Kibana
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours