Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centers, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong cloud background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Architect/Engineer, you will be tasked to lead, architect and develop cloud and infrastructure solutions that has integration to various on premise or SaaS solutions. Knowing a wide range of technologies in term of vertical and horizontal breadths, you will optimize, enhance and support applications in the design and deploy of scalable and highly available solutions. You will also be responsible for the overall technical design, pertaining to the infrastructure elements, integration, connectivity and hosting. Your work will help to enable the Government to leverage on the commercial cloud for the development and deployment of digital services.
What To Expect
- Serve as the deep Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development of cloud infrastructure solutions which includes multi/hybrid cloud design and implementation
- Constantly explore new solutions and technologies, integrate learning and recommendations into the development process
- Demonstrate good expertise in all major Cloud Service Providers’ products and solutions
- Specialize in the best practice design, operations, and support of private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure including Network, Storage, Compute and Security
- Ensure proposed design gels and aligns to Application, Enterprise, Security architecture as well as the whole-of-Government policies and framework
- Create architecture artefacts and documentation to effectively explain architecture design concepts and solutions to various level of stakeholders
- Recommend new services to complement and enhance infrastructure elements to stream-line and support applications development and deployment
- Apply knowledge of Agile software development and DevOps to infrastructure as code development and deployment.
- Lead continuous enhancement and exploratory work to design, develop, test and deploy new Cloud Infrastructure technologies using agile methods
- Identify potential and emerging technologies relevant to innovation for the Government
- Project management of cloud infrastructure setup and implementation
How To Succeed
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineer, Information Technology or related discipline
- Has minimally 8 years’ experience in designing/implementation/consulting of large-scale private/public/hybrid cloud infrastructure solutions
- The candidate should have attained professional certifications in the following areas with at least 5 years of implementation experience in: AWS/Azure/Google Cloud/VMware
- Possess hands-on experience and good technical skills with proven track records in IT infrastructure and/or emerging IT technologies engineering in the following area: Platform, storage, database and virtualization, Cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS), Container technologies like Dockers, Kubernetes and AWS ECS.
- Knowledge of with DevOps techniques and Agile practices is an added advantage
- Proficient in multi-tiered architecture, design and implementation
- Experience with Web and server technologies including Virtualization, Web services, EAI, with knowledge of J2EE and SOA concept
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed computing knowledge with messaging, SOAP, .NET and AD
- Strong working knowledge and ability to apply architecture concepts, frameworks and methodologies to projects
- Experienced in business and technical analysis, architecture design, project management
- Ability to communicate IT architecture methods, concepts, standards and policies
- PMP, ITIL and TOGAF certification is an added advantage
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, able to interact professionally with all levels of the organization