Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a Data Engineer in the Data Engineering team of GovTech’s Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Division, you will be building Whole-of-Government data infrastructure to power the insights needed for evidence-based decision-making and enhancing agencies’ service-delivery. You will be architecting, designing and building next-generation data infrastructure to galvanise digitalisation in the public sector.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join us in this journey to make a difference.
What To Expect
- Design and build resilient and efficient data pipelines for both batch and real-time streaming data
- Architect and design data infrastructure on cloud using industry standard Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Execute projects with an Agile mindset
- Build software frameworks to solve data problems at scale
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, data analysts and data scientists to build scalable and data-driven platforms and tools
How To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or have equivalent professional experience
- Experience with data processing tools such as Spark, Beam, Flink
- Experience with the cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience implementing batch and streaming data pipelines
- Experience writing efficient SQL
- In-depth knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases, including performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Familiar with DevOps tools such as Git, Docker, Terraform
- Experience in the public sector is a bonus