Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a Data Engineer in the Quantitative Strategy team of GovTech’s Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Division, you will be building Whole-of-Government data infrastructure to power the insights needed for evidence-based decision-making and enhancing agencies’ service-delivery.
You will be architecting, designing, and building next-generation data infrastructure to galvanise digitalisation in the public sector.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join us in this journey to make a difference.
What To Expect
- You will be responsible for monitoring day to day Ms-SQL & SSIS database and ETL systems
- Develop ETL pipelines for new features as outlined in the sprint plan
- Responsible for unit testing and updating the data model with development
- Perform database capacity planning and maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning
- Diagnose any database issues and employ measures to prevent recurrence
- Work with infrastructure team to ensure maximum uptime for the database
- Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistence systems
- Advice and support data analysts, and business leads for data engineering matters
- Own and participate in AWS data cloud migration projects
How To Succeed
- Deep understanding and real passion for relational database theory and database fundamentals
- Understanding of Ms-SQL, SQL, stored procedures, and system tables
- Experience benchmarking, clustering, and tuning the databases for performance, reliability
- Working knowledge of SSIS or comparable ETL tools is preferred
- Experience in automation development, batch, shell, python
- Experience with installation, management, upgrades, backup and restore Ms-SQL DB is preferred
- Experience with AWS RDS / Spark / other AWS Data Services is a plus
- Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is essential to innovation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s meaningful for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours