Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Smart Nation Platform Solutions (SNPS) is looking for data engineers who are passionate about building data pipelines for Smart Nation. SNPS aims to deliver a comprehensive source of city-wide sensor data to support data-driven decisions in Singapore and improve the lives of people living in the city.
What To Expect
- You will be a member of the Platform team, who owns and builds solutions for Smart Nation Initiatives. Your focus will be on building data products that will support the Whole-of-Government (WOG).
- Build data pipelines for data sources from WOG:
- Research opportunities for data acquisition,
- Scoping data inputs,
- Data cleaning and pre-processing,
- Transforming data, and
- Building models.
- Design and build secured data APIs for data ingestion or consumption by other systems.
- Work with UX designers and Full Stack engineers to build scalable data-driven products.
- Contribute to data architecture decisions to support a real-time visualization of sensor data for digital operations in a digital twin of Singapore.
- Deploy cloud services and implement Infrastructure-As-Code for continuous deployments in the Government Commercial Cloud (GCC).
- Create dashboards for insights to make data-driven decisions.
How To Succeed
- Strong understanding of system design, data structure, modelling, access and storage.
- Ability to write efficient SQL.
- Experienced with relational databases, NoSQL databases and big data processing frameworks such as Hadoop MapReduce or Spark.
- Experience with creating Tableau dashboards.
- Experience with AWS services, e.g. Lambda, Fargate, Glue, Kinesis, etc. The ability to write Infrastructure-As-Code will be an added advantage.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining of real-time data pipelines or video pipelines will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of API management and security techniques such as API gateway and OAuth will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) sensor data will be an added advantage.
- Experience with open-source products that are useful for data pipelines and processing, e.g. Apache Kafka, Oozie, Airflow, Jupyter Notebook, will be an added advantage.
- Degree or Masters in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in data engineering.
- Associate, Professional or Specialty AWS Certifications will be an added advantage.