Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Smart Nation Platform Solutions (SNPS) is looking for data engineers who are passionate about building data pipelines for Smart Nation. SNPS aims to deliver a comprehensive source of city-wide sensor data to support data-driven decisions in Singapore and improve the lives of people living in the city.
What you will be working on:
- You will be a member of the Platform team, who owns and builds solutions for Smart Nation Initiatives. Your focus will be on building data products that will support the Whole-of-Government (WOG).
- Build data pipelines for data sources from WOG:
- Research opportunities for data acquisition,
- Scoping data inputs,
- Data cleaning and pre-processing,
- Transforming data, and
- Building models.
- Design and build secured data APIs for data ingestion or consumption by other systems.
- Work with UX designers and Full Stack engineers to build scalable data-driven products.
- Contribute to data architecture decisions to support a real-time visualization of sensor data for digital operations in a digital twin of Singapore.
- Deploy cloud services and implement Infrastructure-As-Code for continuous deployments in the Government Commercial Cloud (GCC).
- Create dashboards for insights to make data-driven decisions.
What we are looking for:
- Strong understanding of system design, data structure, modelling, access and storage.
- Ability to write efficient SQL.
- Experienced with relational databases, NoSQL databases and big data processing frameworks such as Hadoop MapReduce or Spark.
- Experience with creating Tableau dashboards.
- Experience with AWS services, e.g. Lambda, Fargate, Glue, Kinesis, etc. The ability to write Infrastructure-As-Code will be an added advantage.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining of real-time data pipelines or video pipelines will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of API management and security techniques such as API gateway and OAuth will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) sensor data will be an added advantage.
- Experience with open-source products that are useful for data pipelines and processing, e.g. Apache Kafka, Oozie, Airflow, Jupyter Notebook, will be an added advantage.
- Degree or Masters in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in data engineering.
- Associate, Professional or Specialty AWS Certifications will be an added advantage.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours