Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Platform Management team of Smart Nation Platform Solutions (SNPS) is looking for data engineers who are passionate about building data pipelines for Smart Nation. SNPS aims to deliver a comprehensive source of city-wide sensor data to support data-driven decisions in Singapore and improve the lives of people living in the city.
What To Expect
- You will be a member of the Platform team, who owns and builds solutions for Smart Nation Initiatives.
- Build data pipelines for data sources from the Whole-of-Government (WOG):
- Research opportunities for data acquisition,
- Scoping data inputs,
- Data cleaning and pre-processing,
- Transforming data, and
- Building models.
- Design and build secured data APIs for data ingestion or consumption by other systems.
- Work with UX designers and Full Stack engineers to build scalable data-driven products.
- Contribute to data architecture decisions to support a real-time visualization of sensor data for digital operations in a digital twin of Singapore.
- Deploy cloud applications and implement Infrastructure-As-Code for cloud deployments in the Government Commercial Cloud (GCC).
How To Succeed
- Degree or Masters in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in data engineering.
- Strong understanding of system design, data structure, modelling, access and storage.
- Ability to write efficient SQL, and experienced with relational databases, NoSQL databases and big data processing frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and deployment in any Cloud Service Providers, preferably AWS. The ability to write Infrastructure-As-Code will be an added advantage.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining of real-time data pipelines or video pipelines will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of API management and security techniques such as API gateway and OAuth will be an added advantage.