Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. We are a team in GovTech that aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies better serve the needs of Singaporeans. We adopt an Agile development approach and work towards adopting tech best practices and cutting edge tools.
What To Expect
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments.
- Drive, design, plan and implement the architecture for Public cloud & Air-gap deployments.
- Future-proofing the technical environments and ensuring extreme high levels of automation, availability, scalability, security and resilience.
- Manage processes, automation, best practices, documentation.
- Development and operation of continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Automate monitoring to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues in the environment and code base.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Hands-on coding and mentoring, usually in a pair programming environment
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Keep up to date with the latest tools and techniques
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years experience of working in an engineering or relevant position.
- Experience in programming in either Ruby on Rails, ReactJS or Python.
- Hands on experience with AWS technologies such as ECS & EKS on Fargate, API Gateway, ALB/NLB, S3, RDS, IAM etc.
- Hands on experience with serverless tools like Serverless Framework.
- Working experience with IaC tools like Terraform, CloudFormation.
- Working experience with CaC tools like Ansible, TeamCity, Bamboo, Gitlab Pipelines.
- Working experience with Kubernetes in an enterprise setup.
- Working experience in release cycle planning and implementation in an Agile environment.
- Good understanding of common software development practices i.e Git, Pair Programming.
- Good understanding of basic networking and security concepts (routing, firewalls, subnets, DNS, proxy configurations)
- Experience in shell scripting with bash or with system languages like Go, Rust would be advantageous.
- Have designed and implemented AWS architectures to production.