Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a DevOps engineer, you will be hands-on building the tools and environment for GovTech's internal productivity, and also define the strategy around the platform.
What you will be working on:
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments
- Providing DevOps architecture implementation and operational support
- Architecture and planning for cloud deployments (Private and Public cloud)
- Future-proofing the technical environments and ensuring extreme high levels of automation, availability, scalability and resilience
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments.
- Manage processes, automation, best practices, documentation
- Development and operation of continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Monitoring automation to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues in the environment and code base
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Working with the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding and mentoring, usually in a pair programming environment
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and configurations
What we are looking for:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Devops automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience in hybrid Infrastructure – Cloud and on-prem with VMware, Azure, AWS ad GCP
- Experience with monitoring and logging - ELK, Grafana, Prometheus
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Strong understanding of virtualization and networking
- Software Defined Network and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours