Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Do you want to apply your skills, knowledge and energy to implement cutting-edge infocomm technology and digital solutions that will change the lives of Singaporeans and the public? In GovTech, you can!
As a Digital Business Analyst, you will work in a Government Agency as a key member of the GovTech project team. You will support the Chief Information Officer at the Agency and collaborate with fellow project managers, solution architects and technical services consultants to deliver leading-edge digital solutions. You are a pro-active, self-motivated and resourceful team member with good tech/digital knowledge and possess strong influencing and people handling skills. You are also adept at balancing multiple projects concurrently while constantly looking for new ways to apply digital technologies to meet identified Agency and citizen/business needs.
What To Expect
You will be involved in a range of tasks including the following:
- partner with the Agency’s business teams to elicit citizen/business needs through human-centric, visual methods and develop the appropriate business case
- apply Design Thinking / Service Design methodology and tools to develop and execute the approach to derive current state gaps and challenges, and future state design and solutions
- plan, design and facilitate workshops
- collect, analyse, synthesize and draw insights and conclusions from user research, workshop output and other data points to formulate hypothesis and recommendations
- work with fellow Govtechies and the Agency's project teams to develop user stories, functional/technical specifications and acceptance criteria
- evaluate and recommend suitable technology while aligning with GovTech’s technology directions (such as cloud-based, enterprise architecture and modernization of legacy systems, adoption of SG Tech Stack)
- identify and adopt the appropriate development methodology (e.g. Agile or Waterfall) in an Outsourced, Co-Sourced or In-house development environment
- ensure system or product readiness for smooth deployment, adoption and operations
- analyse impact of requested changes and propose improvements to continuously address changing business needs, and work with support team to understand and address technical problems (Operations & Maintenance phase)
- assist the CIO to identify new opportunities for the Agency’s digital transformation
How To Succeed
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Infocomm Technology, Computer or Electronics Engineering or related subject area with minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Candidates with more years of experience will be considered for more senior roles
- Prior working experience in IT business analysis, application solutioning design and testing
- Participated in at least one full software or product development cycle, preferably using Agile Methodology
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to pitch ideas and influence
- A driven and motivated personality with an inquisitive mind
- Ability to learn and apply
- Business Analysis certification, e.g. Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Past development or consulting experience
- Hands-on work experience of more than 1 year on Design Thinking / Service Design / Process Redesign projects with development of artefacts such as Service Blueprint, Customer Insights and Future State Design.
- Good stakeholder engagement and workshop facilitation skills
Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s meaningful for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours
One more thing...
Chat with our new AI-powered virtual recruiter Gayle if you would like to find out more about the role, working in GovTech, and Gayle can even submit your job application without going through the usual process below!