Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our team aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies to better serve the needs of the people of Singapore. You may check out our various initiatives here: https://www.hive.gov.sg/
As an Engineering manager, you will lead the software development teams, working closely together to deliver value to our users. Work with team to promote and iteratively improve engineering practices, bringing the team to new heights.
How Do We Work
You will typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across projects and across focus areas. As a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, which allows for fast career growth and proximity to abundant technical problems.
What you will be working on:
- Work closely with Delivery Manger, supporting on technical clarifications and conducting/coordinating feasibility studies
- Align business and technical teams
- Identifying technical blockers and work together with team to resolve them
- Experience in creation/maintenance of APIs using Node.js is highly advantageous
- Experience in front-end development with React.js is highly advantageous
- Experience in tooling processes for modern web applications using Webpack and Gulp is a nice bonus.
- Coaching and onboarding new team members
- Providing technical inputs during roadmap planning
- Conduct technical interviews
- Experience in Scrum is a plus point.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for creating products
- Keen sense of learning & self-discovery
- Willingness & capability to impart knowledge
- High level of self-awareness
- Ability to self-manage
- Growth mindset
Preferred (Additional Requirements)
- Understanding of Cloud computing & architecture (AWS, GCP or Azure)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours