Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG), a critical arm of Govtech, is responsible for providing the internal ICT infrastructure for the Whole Of Government (WoG). This ICT infrastructure covers data centres, WAN / LAN networks, security devices, physical and virtualised workloads, cloud and endpoints.
Government agencies are bound together using the WoG infrastructure as base platform. A rich set of endpoint, email, collaboration, document management and other services are provided centrally by GIG. GIG is working on a Digital Workplace Programme which aims to transform the ICT infrastructure and standard business applications for WoG through the adoption of cloud technologies and services to enhance the way public officers access Government resources and collaborate with one another.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
As a Infrastructure Engineer you will be part of team to implement and manage the Whole-of-Government (WOG) Infrastructure and services. You will work within a team of engineers with strong technical competency to conceptualise, implement and manage the Government infrastructure services and ensuring high levels of availability, performance and security across the Whole-of-Government (WOG).
What To Expect
- Responsible for the operations management of an enterprise wide infrastructure and application monitoring system (IAMS) to provide proactive availability, fault and performance monitoring for WOG ICT services.
- Analyse IAMS effectiveness and devise action plans to improve the monitoring visibility of the WOG ICT services’ performance.
- Collaborate with various service owners to define performance matrix and develop business dashboards for the various WOG ICT services.
- Correlate the IAMS monitoring data and provide analysis for the identification of ongoing performance degradation of the WOG ICT services.
- Develop operations management procedures to maintain availability and optimal performance of the IAMS.
How To Succeed
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management of large scale enterprise monitoring systems.
- At least 1 year of experience in programming / scripting using Chef, Perl, Python and Restful API.
- Preferably to have experience in implementation of large scale enterprise network monitoring systems.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of enterprise products like BMC, CA, NetScout, Riverbed and ServiceNow. Certification in any of the technologies listed above will be an added advantage.
- Team player with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures