Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centers, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure automation background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
What you will be working on:
- Oversee all stages of network automation including prototyping, design, development, testing, releases and post support, including continuous enhancements.
- Manage product planning roadmap/releases and agile development team to set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Engage stakeholders (e.g. Management, Agencies and Internal Cross Functional Teams) to rationalize business requirements, present and articulate solution to resolve common issue or repetitive tasks.
- Collaborate with external engineering teams to create API-driven processes to facilitate new functionalities and integrations.
- Define minimum viable product (MVP), assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to derive maximum value from use cases.
- Work with vendors on the delivery of services for government-wide network infrastructure and services, ensuring efficient operations management, compliance to policies and standards.
- Lead the review and improvement of service delivery through data analytics to gain insights and propose improvement (e.g. end-to-end delivery through automation) to improve user experience.
What we are looking for:
- Keen to learn and work on network automation, i.e. capturing user requests from portal, to triggering workflow and implementing backend changes such as routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following areas: Automation tools such as Ansible, AlgoSec, Tufin, etc; Product development using DevOps methodology; CI/CD processes; Source control management tools; Rest APIs design and development.
- Good domain knowledge for network and security technologies. (e.g. Subnetting, Routing, VPNs, Firewall Platforms etc)
- Understand design/setup of typical networks deployment. (e.g. LAN, WAN, WLAN)
- Keen to learn, pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking
- Able to work independently and a good team player
- Good written and verbal communication, able to present and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- User-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Candidates who possess industry certifications such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), COMIT, CITPM, PMP and/or CCNA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours