Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will work alongside with business owners to participate in policy formulation, processes change recommendation, change management, security-cost-usability trade-offs assessment and translate the decision into implementation IT technology solutions and develop the integration requirements with existing systems.
What To Expect
- Scan technology landscape on IT technology solutions, identify and recommend potential technologies updates/enhancement of the existing Government IT technology solution.
- Participate in POCs and vendor engagements to validate technologies feasibility and viability to business
- Develop technical write-ups to help in understanding the technology, market position, possible use cases of its use in the government environment
- Develop architectural concepts for the adoption of the technologies
- Involve in the tender process to implement the technologies and solution according to governing standards and policies
- Manage external vendors and contractors to timely deliver and implement the technologies or solutions for Government use
- Develop standards and guides for adopters of the technology or products/services leveraging these technologies
- Work with policy developers to evolve our policies to enable the adoption and promulgation of the emerging technologies
- Engage key stakeholders to understand their needs and concerns, develop well balanced positions of the technologies to address them, address escalated issues or conflicts, participate in platforms such as meetings with the management and manage senior leadership team of vendors to ensure GovTech and the government’s interests are protected and furthered
How To Succeed
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology preferred
- Good experience in end-to-end IT solutioning design and implementation including but not limited to areas such as understanding of business requirements, recommendation of security-cost-usability trade-offs and managing the change management.
- It will be an added advantage for direct working experience on Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Data Classification Tool implementation.
- Experience with Cloud Service Provider such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
- Experience with integration of CASB solution with Microsoft Office 365 and other SaaS solutions such as SalesForce, ServiceNow and Workday.
- Passion for technology advancement is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to create concepts and frameworks to represent the use technologies, influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- Strong technical implementation and management skills and able to apply both business and technical insights to the project assignment
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking
- Able to work independently as well as in a team