The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone who have strong technical background, independent, keen to learn new technologies and looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GIG.
As an Infrastructure Engineer (Systems, Virtualisation and Automation), you will be responsible to manage the hyper converge infrastructure that provides the compute, storage and virtualization platform to support application workloads and system services for the Whole of Government. You will also use automation tool to manage the physical and virtualised servers, maintain the server operating system and hardening standards (Windows Server OS and Linux) to meet compliance, and manage the enterprise backup solution for the entire IT infrastructure to protect against data loss and data retention policy.
What To Expect
- Lead as a subject matter expert for enterprise backup solutions, storage and virtualisation technologies.
- Capacity management and optimization of the hyper converge virtualise platform to support current and future workloads.
- Perform auto provisioning and scaling of servers, testing and compliance checks using automation tools.
- Review and formulate backup strategy and policies to improve backup performance and system/data recovery to meet requirements.
- Management of outsource vendors that are supporting the IT infrastructure.
- Continuously find means and ways to improve operations, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly with various teams to provide quality service
- Review and adoption of relevant industry best practices for Government IT infrastructure
- Ensure that project implementation and operations are aligned to Government technology standards and policies
How To Succeed
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in deploying, administering and management of complex or large IT infrastructure systems and services with strong knowledge in systems, backup solutions and hyper converge virtualisation platforms
- Experience in deploying and managing IT infrastructure systems with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible or Chef etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- Keep abreast of ICT technologies, skillsets and industry practices
- Preferably obtained certification in the following:
- ITIL V3 Foundation certified
- MCSE, minimally in MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), minimally VCTA
- Chef or Terraform Certified Associate