Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
About Us - Experimental Systems And Technology Lab (ESTL)
The Experimental Systems and Technology Lab of GovTech is an engineering team within the Ministry of Education (MOE). We are made up of engineers, user experience designers and education officers. Our team aims to design and develop software applications that help MOE to transform their systems and services through digitalisation and innovation.
About The Role
As a Lead Data Engineer in the Experimental Systems & Technology Lab, you will be leading, architecting, designing and building next-generation data warehouse from scratch to galvanise digitalisation in the Ministry of Education, one of the largest ministries in Government.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join us in this journey to make a difference.
What you will be working on:
- Build up the data engineering team and capabilities
- Provide technical leadership to data engineers by coaching and mentoring
- Lead the development of modern tooling for data analysts
- Cloud/infrastructure/ops/automation experience to enable the team to operate self-sufficiently
- Lead discussions with product managers, software engineers, data analysts and data scientists to build scalable and data-driven platforms and tools
- Manage and run production services that provide analytics capabilities to our various data users across the ministry
- Development of systems, architectures, and platforms that can scale large volume and variety
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Familiar with database basics, database normalisation, OLAP, star schemas, SCDs (slowly-changing dimensions) and column-oriented storage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours