If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
What To Expect
- Manage end-to-end network service(s) and work with various agencies & departments on contractual matters, SLA and operational issues. Engineer is expected to be technical strong in various network technology used for LAN, WAN, VPN, Internet routing, etc, preferably with knowledge or experience in automation (ansible, python) & data analytic, and understand the inner working of the service(s) in-charge. Engineer will provide L3 support, when required, and lead investigation.
- Work with vendors on the delivery of services for government-wide network infrastructure and services, ensuring efficient operations management, compliance to policies and standards.
- Lead the review and improvement of service delivery through data analytics to gain insights and propose improvement (e.g. end-to-end delivery through automation) to improve user experience.
- Work with various parties to participate in matters relating to finance budgeting, contract management, procurement, asset management and audit of government-wide network infrastructure and services.
- Manage the delivery of services by reviewing the technical setup and change requests against defined policies and standards, while liaising with architects, consultants and agency stakeholder(s) as required, and to manage expectations.
- Engage stakeholders, through presentations or proposal, to provide key updates such as major incidents, enhancements, upcoming changes, etc.
- May participate in the development of technical standards, roadmap and policies for the use of government-wide network infrastructure systems and services.
How To Succeed
- Minimum 3 years (or 6 years for diploma holders) of relevant IT experience in deploying or/and operating network infrastructure and services
- Strong track record and experience in contract and vendor management
- Good knowledge and experience in network infrastructure and technologies, such as LAN, WAN and software-defined networking (SDN).
- Keen to learn, pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking
- Able to work independently and a good team player
- Good written and verbal communication, able to present and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- User-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Candidates who possess industry certifications such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), COMIT, CITPM, PMP and/or CCNA preferred
- Interested or have experience in automation or/and data analytic
- Familiar in Government ICT environment