Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centers, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
What you will be working on:
- Manage end-to-end network service(s) and work with various agencies & departments on contractual matters, SLA and operational issues. Engineer is expected to be technical strong in various network technology used for LAN, WAN, VPN, Internet routing, etc, preferably with knowledge or experience in automation (ansible, python) & data analytic, and understand the inner working of the service(s) in-charge. Engineer will provide L3 support, when required, and lead investigation.
- Work with vendors on the delivery of services for government-wide network infrastructure and services, ensuring efficient operations management, compliance to policies and standards.
- Lead the review and improvement of service delivery through data analytics to gain insights and propose improvement (e.g. end-to-end delivery through automation) to improve user experience.
- Work with various parties to participate in matters relating to finance budgeting, contract management, procurement, asset management and audit of government-wide network infrastructure and services.
- Manage the delivery of services by reviewing the technical setup and change requests against defined policies and standards, while liaising with architects, consultants and agency stakeholder(s) as required, and to manage expectations.
- Engage stakeholders, through presentations or proposal, to provide key updates such as major incidents, enhancements, upcoming changes, etc.
- May participate in the development of technical standards, roadmap and policies for the use of government-wide network infrastructure systems and services.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years (or 6 years for diploma holders) of relevant IT experience in deploying or/and operating network infrastructure and services
- Strong track record and experience in contract and vendor management
- Good knowledge and experience in network infrastructure and technologies, such as LAN, WAN and software-defined networking (SDN).
- Keen to learn, pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking
- Able to work independently and a good team player
- Good written and verbal communication, able to present and communicate effectively with non-technical audience and senior management
- User-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Candidates who possess industry certifications such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), COMIT, CITPM, PMP and/or CCNA preferred
- Interested or have experience in automation or/and data analytic
- Familiar in Government ICT environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours