Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
About Digital Workplace Programme
The Digital Workplace Programme aims to transform the ICT infrastructure and standard business applications for the Whole-of-Government through the adoption of cloud technologies and services to change the way public officers access Government resources and collaborate with one another.
The Project Manager will be part of the team to manage Whole of Government (WOG) Infrastructure services at an enterprise level. You will work with the Solution Architect and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, meet business requirements and comply with IT governance framework, (including security and resilience) and stakeholder engagement.
What To Expect
- Engage stakeholder(s) to recommend and justify new initiatives, and work on the conceptualisation, design, procurement, implementation, deployment of the initiatives.
- Plan and lead the development of the business case as well as the budget for the project.
- Manage and execute the procurement of IT systems in a timely manner.
- Ensure that projects are executed based on the project plan to meet identified business needs and outcome, within agreed parameters of cost, duration and quality.
- Assess and apply the right project management methodologies, including Agile practices, to ensure project success.
- Identify potential project risks and the implications to the organisation and to recommend mitigating measures so as to manage the risks.
- Effectively engage and manage the vendors to deliver digital solutions and services.
- Understand the IT management policy, quality management policy and security guidelines to ensure the development processes, procedures and systems are designed to comply with these policies and guidelines.
How To Succeed
- Relevant working experience as a Project Manager in at least 2 full project development life cycles, with at least one using agile methodology.
- Strong vendor and stakeholder management.
- Able to work independently and as a good team player with analytical, management and planning skills.
- Experience in tender calls or presentations will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with experience in handling projects involving Cloud, Design Thinking, Data Analytics or Product-Centric Development will be strongly preferred.
- Project Management related certifications such as CITPM, COMIT or PMI.
- Agile related certification such as Certified Scrum Master.
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills.