Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a Senior Data Engineer in the Data Engineering team of GovTech’s Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Division, you will be building Whole-of-Government data infrastructure to power the insights needed for evidence-based decision-making and enhancing agencies’ service-delivery. You will be architecting, designing and building next-generation data infrastructure to galvanise digitalisation in the public sector. You will be given opportunities to lead other engineers to drive impact at scale.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join us in this journey to make a difference.
What you will be working on:
- Design and build resilient and efficient data pipelines for both batch and real-time streaming data
- Architect and design data infrastructure on cloud using industry standard Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Execute projects with an Agile mindset
- Build software frameworks to solve data problems at scale
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, data analysts and data scientists to build scalable and data-driven platforms and tools
- Be put in the driving seat as an engineering leader
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or have equivalent professional experience
- Have more than 4 years of experience in a technical role
- Experience with data processing tools such as Spark, Beam, Flink
- Experience with the cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience implementing batch and streaming data pipelines
- Experience writing efficient SQL
- In-depth knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases, including performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Familiar with DevOps tools such as Git, Docker, Terraform
- Experience in the public sector is a bonus
- Previous technical leadership experience is a bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours