Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centers, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the conceptualisation, design, delivery and operation of the end-to-end secure infrastructure solutions for new whole-of-government initiatives. As the subject-matter-expert in technical infrastructure, the successful candidate will be expected to lead in the architecture, infrastructure and security planning; and the exploration of new technologies, such as Cloud technologies, in order to meet the technology needs of the government.
What To Expect
- Architect and design security centric networks and infrastructure solutions to meet the government technology needs.
- Ensure technical solution/design alignment with established government security policies and guidelines.
- Lead technology explorations and validation of solution and systems components through proof-of-concepts.
- Perform analysis and testing functions in the evaluation of technology solutions to ensure short listed products meet requirements.
- Develop and translate technical solution/design into technical specifications and functional requirements.
- Planning and budgeting of the overall solution and participate in the overall procurement phases from pre-tender planning to tender award.
- Lead the contractors in the detailed design of the solution and ensure the overall design meets all the tender requirements.
- Overall responsible for the timely delivery of the solution.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the area of design, deployment, operation and management of enterprise and/or cloud infrastructure.
- Provide operation support for the secure infrastructure.
- Ensure processes and controls are put in place for effective management of the network services delivery according to Service Level Agreements.
How To Succeed
- Minimim 5 years working experience in the infocomm industry with exposure to management, consultation, security, support and operations of sizable enterprise and cloud infrastructure with in-depth hands-on knowledge of security practice.
- Understand and preferably possess working experience in deploying and/or managing enterprise and cloud infrastructure.
- Understand and have experience in network based systems, security infrastructure, security policy orchestration and network automation tools will be an added advantage.
- Possess professional certifications (Network, Security, Cloud, Virtualisation) would be advantageous.
- Able to work independently and deliver results within specified deadlines.
- Proactive self-starter with an analytical and creative mind
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Results and customer oriented with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Possess good written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Possess CISSP and/or CISA certifications. Having cloud security or DevSecOps related certification will be of added advantage.
- Team player and good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL would be advantageous.
- Singapore Citizen only.