Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. StackOps is a key pillar within Singapore Government Technology Stacks to allow government agencies to create high quality and reliable government services for citizens. The initiative will develop the required processes, toolchain, and Site Reliability Engineering best practices to enable government agencies to develop, measure and monitor government services in an agile manner.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS under our Engineering Productivity team!
What you will be working on:
- Lead the engineering squad for engineering excellence in design, development and operational of the Singapore Government Technology Stack Application Observability platform – StackOps
- Practice and lead other development communities to practice Site Reliability Engineering principals throughout product lifecycle.
- Responsible to developing and maintaining the toolchain used by multiple government agencies.
- Be the guiding subject matter of expert for Devops methodologies, contribute to Automation, Availability, Scalability and Resiliency to the team and the development communities within government.
- Work with product manager and portfolio manager to map out the product roadmap and strategy.
- Prioritise and make engineering decisions.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in building large scalable infrastructure with IAC and GitOps
- Familiar with cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience in large-scaled distributed environments and their challenges.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management systems such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with production deployments such as Kubernetes and automating
- provisioning with IaC best practices.
- Familiar with continuous delivery systems (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Drone).
- Has knowledge with tools such as Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, ELK.
- Good to have knowledge and experience on Gitops and Flux.
- Good to have knowledge on Python or scripting languages.
- Good to have practiced Site Reliability Engineering principle.
- Good to have led a small to medium team previously
- This is a technical leadership role which requires hands-on technical competency as well as team leading experience.
How to succeed:
- Passion for automation for large scalable systems ensuring they are highly resilient and highly available.
- Have strong communication skills and belief in what you are doing.
- Extremely strong team-player, primary focus is on leveraging your experiences to help the team succeed.
- Strong contributor and hands-on in all your past experiences.
- Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Advocate for the best Engineering and DevOps principles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a comprehensive and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep developing your skill in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours.