Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will tackle exciting and meaningful roles of designing, developing and implementing our new digital service. In short, you will be leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, while staying hands-on.
You will be accountable for delivering and maintaining large-scale projects using AGILE software development methodology.
What to Expect:
- Provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring through end-to-end software development and promote team engagement and motivation.
- Give recommendations for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and critical issues.
- Perform hands-on technical and functional guidance to design, maintain, build, integrate and test complex software components according to the functional and technical design specifications.
- Drive adoption of relevant up-to-date technologies, tools and practices in Agile software projects
- Analyse and assess impact for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establish technical standards.
- Lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team and build relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Drive quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and take corrective actions in case of variances and ensure quality project delivery and results.
How to Succeed:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in modern full-stack web application technologies (e.g. Node.js, React.js, Go, MongoDB)
- Knowledge in cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP will be advantageous
- Proven experience in architecting and developing solutions to complex and ambiguous problems
- Experience in Agile software development