Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
About The Division
As part of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team, the Agile Consulting and Engineering (ACE) tribe aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies better serve the needs of Singaporeans. We adopt an Agile development approach and work towards tech best practices and cutting edge tools.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer that will write beautiful code and satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of working software.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS. These are newly created positions with many opportunities for groundbreaking contributions.
What To Expect
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software applications.
- Improve software quality using Scrum practices such as code review and unit testing.
- Assist PO/BA on user stories refinement.
- Assist QA on test automation and bug fixes.
- Assist DevOps on build and release automation.
- Prepare interface specifications and other architecture documents.
- Adheres to Software Craftsmanship Manifesto.
How To Succeed
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- At least five years of professional experience in a software engineer or equivalent position.
- Familiar with cloud-native technology – AWS is a bonus.
- Familiar with Clean Code, Design Patterns and Unit Testing – TDD know-how is a bonus.
- Familiar with working on frontend (e.g. React in TypeScript) and backend (e.g. Kotlin Spring Boot).
- Strong ability to explain complex topics, simply.
- Self-driven, motivated and possessing strong initiative.
- Strong learning agility.
- Able to lead small cross-functional squads consisting of Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Quality Engineers and UX Designers.
- Able to mentor other members of the team, guiding them to level up their gam
- Able to grasp business domain concepts and manage requirements coming from stakeholders.
Some GoBusiness project links: