Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Engineering Productivity (ENP) team of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scalability. ENP is an open source, agile development and operation house that is bold, agile and collaborative. The team is responsible for designing, prototyping, building and operating different products and services. Today, ENP has 3 flagship products and several upcoming initiatives.
As the senior software engineer, you will help to level up the team’s competency with your valuable past experiences. Failure experiences are as important as successful experiences. You will drive, implement, deploy, maintain and operate products or key components of the products. You will work closely with different teams to deliver the best possible and impactful solutions for whole-of-government.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated and talented peers, we welcome you to join ENP. Make a difference by taking up the key role and be part of the passionate and inspirational team.
For this role, you’ll be working on API gateway and API marketplace technologies to help deliver government e-services in a reusable and rapid fashion. As part of Engineering Productivity (ENP) under the Government Digital Services (GDS) division, you’ll collaborate with platforms such as the National Digital Identity(NDI) and across government agencies like IRAS to develop an API-driven ecosystem that will transform the digital lives of Singaporeans.
What you will be working on:
- Design and develop API infrastructure using open standards and commercial products
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver technical solutions
- Drive the development team in building reusable and extensible services
- Ensure high performance and utility of services
- Advocate and practice agile principles in software development
- Design and build services with a focus on business value and usability Design systems with scalability and flexibility in mind
- Embrace and ensure “lean operations” for all system
- Contribute in technical discussion or solutioning session
- Perform code reviews and evangelize best practices
- Maintain user guides and technical documentations
What we are looking for:
- Solid programming experience in any system programming language (Java, C#, C++, Golang etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based application development
- Familiarity with web security will be a bonus
- Familiarity with Kong, Apigee, Apisix, Tyk, or other API gateway will be a bonus
- Familiarity with OpenAPI/Swagger will be a bonus
- Familiarity with Golang will be a bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours