Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
From design to development, the MyCareersFuture cross-functional team collaborates closely with product owners, adopts an Agile approach and works towards adopting tech best practices and cutting edge tools. The product is a technology-driven and user-centric job matching portal that aims to help jobseekers in finding suitable opportunities, and support employers in finding the right candidates.
What you will be working on:
As a software engineer, you will:
- Build prototypes to demonstrate technology opportunities
- Design system architectures
- Write production quality code
- Manage deployments to cloud and (occasionally) on-premise infrastructure
- Learn and share knowledge in a multi-disciplinary team
Additionally, more senior engineers will be expected to:
- Establish best practices
- Share your expertise and mentor other engineers
What we are looking for:
- Experience in creation/maintenance of APIs using Node.js is highly advantageous
- Experience in front-end development with React.js is highly advantageous
- Experience with database management/usage (both relational and non-relational), and handling of data in different environments is highly advantageous.
- Experience in feature testing using a Selenium-based framework is a nice bonus
- Experience in tooling processes for modern web applications using Webpack and Gulp is a nice bonus.
- Experience in using Docker containers, development of CI/CD pipelines, and deployment using cloud services such as AWS/PasSes/your own private servers is a nice bonus.
- Experience in the software development lifecycle in an Agile Scrum context is a plus point.
Character traits we look out for:
- Passion for creating products
- Keen sense of learning & self-discovery
- Willingness & capability to impart knowledge
- High level of self-awareness
- Ability to self-manage
- Growth mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours