The Engineering Productivity (ENP) team of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scalability. ENP is an open source, agile development and operation house that is bold, agile and collaborative. The team is responsible for designing, prototyping, building and operating different products and services. Today, ENP has 3 flagship products and several upcoming initiatives.
As the DevOps Engineer, you will help to level up the team’s competency with your valuable past experiences. Failure experiences are as important as successful experiences. You will drive, implement, deploy, maintain and operate products or key components of the products. You will work closely with different teams to deliver the best possible and impactful solutions for whole-of-government.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated and talented peers, we welcome you to join ENP. Make a difference by taking up the key role and be part of the passionate and inspirational team.
What To Expect
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments
- Providing DevOps architecture implementation and operational support
- Architecture and planning for cloud deployments (Private and Public cloud)
- Be an innovative and hands-on DevOps engineer capable of looking at both the technology and strategy around the platform
- Future-proofing the technical environments and ensuring extreme high levels of automation, availability, scalability and resilience
- Manage the development of the cross-cloud provider engineering tools and environments.
- Manage processes, automation, best practices, documentation
- Development and operation of continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Monitoring automation to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues in the environment and code base
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Working with the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding and mentoring, usually in a pair programming environment
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and configurations
How To Succeed
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in DevOps automation, containers and workflow orchestration using open-source tools
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Experience with Terraform Enterprise, Gitlab, Python