Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Engineering Productivity (ENP) team of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scalability. ENP is an open source, agile development and operation house that is bold, agile and collaborative. The team is responsible for designing, prototyping, building and operating different products and services. Today, ENP has 3 flagship products and several upcoming initiatives.
As the DevOps Engineer, you will help to level up the team’s competency with your valuable past experiences. Failure experiences are as important as successful experiences. You will drive, implement, deploy, maintain and operate products or key components of the products. You will work closely with different teams to deliver the best possible and impactful solutions for whole-of-government.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated and talented peers, we welcome you to join ENP. Make a difference by taking up the key role and be part of the passionate and inspirational team.
What you will be working on:
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments
- Providing DevOps architecture implementation and operational support
- Architecture and planning for cloud deployments (Private and Public cloud)
- Be an innovative and hands-on DevOps engineer capable of looking at both the technology and strategy around the platform
- Future-proofing the technical environments and ensuring extreme high levels of automation, availability, scalability and resilience
- Manage the development of the cross-cloud provider engineering tools and environments
- Manage processes, automation, best practices, documentation
- Development and operation of continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Monitoring automation to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues in the environment and code base
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Working with the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding and mentoring, usually in a pair programming environment
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and configurations
What we are looking for:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in DevOps automation, containers and workflow orchestration using open-source tools
- Cloud computing deployment and management experience - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Strong understanding and practice Agile/Lean projects SCRUM, KANBAN etc.
- Experience with Terraform Enterprise, Gitlab, Python
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours