Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our team aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies to better serve the needs of the people of Singapore.
What you will be working on:
- Collaborate with government agencies to deliver high-quality software applications according to requirement
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver technical solutions
- Drive adoption of relevant, up-to-date technologies, practices and tools in Agile software projects
- Ensure high performance and utility of services
- Design and build services with a focus on business value and usability Design systems with scalability and flexibility in mind
- Contribute in technical discussion or solutioning session
- Perform code reviews and evangelize best practices
What we are looking for:
- More than 4 years of professional experience in a software engineer or equivalent position
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Awareness of modern software engineering practices and web technologies (how the browser work, browser APIs, CSS and whatever makes a modern web app)
- Experience with cloud-based application development and web security is a bonus
- Experience in Agile development teams, employing relevant methodologies and practices such as Scrum, Extreme Programming, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Preferred character/personality traits:
- Has high expectations of self
- Keen to share knowledge with team mates and mentor fellow developers
- Keen and quick to learn new skills
- Self-driven and independent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours