Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
About the division
As part of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team, the Agile Consulting and Engineering (ACE) tribe aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies better serve the needs of Singaporeans. We adopt an Agile development approach and work towards tech best practices and cutting edge tools.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer that will write beautiful code and satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of working software. If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS. These are newly created positions with many opportunities for groundbreaking contributions.
What you will be working on:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software applications.
- Improve software quality using Scrum practices such as code review and unit testing.
- Mentor/level up fellow developers and lead technical/architecture design
- Work with UX designers to provide technical feasibility on design matters
- Work with PO/BA on user stories refinement.
- Work with QA on test automation and bug fixes.
- Work with DevOps on build and release automation.
- Work with PO/Delivery Manager on high level features planning/estimation.
- Prepare interface specifications and other architecture documents.
- Adhere to Software Craftsmanship Manifesto.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
- At least five year of professional experience in a software engineer or equivalent position
- Familiar with cloud-native technology
- Familiar with Clean Code, Design Patterns and Unit Testing
- Familiar with multi-paradigm programming languages
- Knowledge and experience in Java Spring Framework / Spring Batch/ Angular / Apache Spark /Kafka / Event Driven Architecture will be advantageous
- Working experience in Agile and UX development environments will be an added advantage
- Good presentation and listening skills
- Self-driven and motivated
- Willingness to learn
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours