The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to orchestrate the digital transformation of government. Our team aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies to better serve the needs of the people of Singapore. You may check out our various initiatives here: https://www.hive.gov.sg/
As a Software Engineer, you will write elegant code for GovTech’s software applications, and bring value to the team through early and continuous delivery of working software.
You will collaborate closely with your colleagues and leading industry specialists to apply your experience in software development to a range of technical challenges, so that GovTech’s digital products remain relevant, user-friendly, and fast.
Join a team of technology enthusiasts who are self-initiated and excited to use technology as an enabler for social good. You will be working on will be a nation-wide disbursement system where citizens can easily and securely view and manage their disbursements.
What To Expect
You will be involved in a range of tasks including the following:
- Build prototypes to demonstrate technology opportunities
- Design system architectures
- Learn and share knowledge in a multi-disciplinary team
- Write production quality code, and
- Lead deployments to cloud and (occasionally) on-premise infrastructure
- Establish best practices
- Share your expertise with other engineers
How To Succeed
- Familiarity with Backend TypeScript riding on Serverless Framework
- Familiarity in serverless JS frontend web-app development
- Familiar with utilising cloud-managed / cloud-native solutions on AWS for access control, logging and metrics
- Experience in architecting on single de-normalised NoSQL table design
- Experience in GitHub/GitLab CI/CD integration
- Cloud hosting on GCC-R is a plus point
- Experience in the software development lifecycle in an Agile Scrum context is a plus point.
- Good presentation and listening skills.
- Believer in constant learning & self-discovery
- Keenness & capability to impart knowledge
- High level of self-awareness
- Ability to self-manage
- Growth attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is critical to innovation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.