Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government-Paid Leave Schemes (GPLS) team is seeking a highly motivated software engineer who loves challenging the status-quo and solving problems to improve people's lives. You will work with a fun and close-knit team to architect, build, test and continuously deliver new features to the GPLS system.
A key component of the Marriage and Parenthood Package (M&P) which aims to foster a pro-family environment in Singapore by supporting Singaporeans in managing their work and responsibilities. Schemes includes Maternity Leaves, Paternity Leaves, Childcare Leaves etc. and are administered through the GPLS system.
What you will be working on:
- Collaborate with government agencies to deliver high quality software systems
- Work with cross-functional teams which consists of Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, User Experience Designers and Product Managers to deliver technical solutions
- Drive adoption of relevant, up-to-date technologies, practices and tools in modern software development lifecycle
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies, such as Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective
- Participate in regular tech-sharing and solutioning sessions
- Write code that is clean and maintainable
- Practice code reviews
What we are looking for:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Solid programming fundamentals
- Familiarity with cloud-based application development and practices such as Extreme Programming, Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Knowledge and experience in modern technologies such as ReactJS, TypeScript, Java, Kotlin and Spring Boot framework
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Have the desire to service the public through the use of technology
- Possess a healthy discontent with the status quo, and an itch to improve things
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours