Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
About The Division
As part of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team, the Agile Consulting and Engineering (ACE) tribe aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies better serve the needs of Singaporeans. We adopt agile software practices as our core operating principle, and we work with the latest software technologies and best practices. We are also very proud of our flat team structure, and collaborative and fun culture.
The National Platform for Health Claims (NPHC) team is seeking a highly motivated software engineer who will write beautiful code, and contribute in delivering the next generation national health claims processing platform.
If you are looking to collaborate with highly motivated peers, and immerse in best industrial practices, or if you have a deep passion for contributing to the public good, this is the right opportunity for you.
What you will be working on:
- Design, develop, document, test, deploy, and maintain software applications.
- Improve software quality using Scrum practices such as code review and unit testing.
- Be well-rounded and collaborate with Software Quality Engineers, DevOps, Product Owners and Business Analysts to contribute to the success of the project.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- At least 3+ years of professional experience in a software engineer or equivalent position.
- Familiar with cloud-native technology and architecture.
- Familiar with Clean Code, Design Patterns and Unit Testing.
- Knowledge and experience in Kotlin, Spring Boot Framework and Spring Cloud will be advantageous.
- Working experience in Agile and UX development environments will be an added advantage.
- Self-driven, motivated, and strong desire to learn.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours