Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
Software engineers thrive on interesting challenges and problems. In GovTech, instead of solving problems to generate revenue or maximise profit, our engineers strive to solve problems in order to create meaningful impact for the people our applications serve.
Our team aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies to better serve the needs of the people of Singapore.
What You Will Be Working On
- Work within an agile development team to deliver secure, high-quality applications. This may include:
- Data transformation and pipelining
- Server-side / API development
- Build with reusability in proven software engineering practices like:
- Ensuring quality of code via writing of tests
- Documentation of processes, code and decisions made
- Reviewing fellow developers' code
- Participating in technical/architectural design
- Collaborate closely with other specialists within an agile and collaborative team environment, including:
- Advocating a positive team culture
- Working with UX Designers to implement their designs into working software
- Working with Business Analyst to craft user stories by providing technical analysis
- Working with Quality Engineers to develop automated tests and fix defects
- Working with DevOps Engineers to manage builds and releases and address security issues/vulnerabilities
- Working with Delivery Managers to plan the technical strategy and technical assessment of new feature requests or engagements
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant working experience
- Experience in agile development teams, employing relevant methodologies and practices such as Scrum, Continuous Integration and Deployment, Test Driven Development
- ETL – Basic knowledge in data cleansing, data transformation, data prep, JSON and CSV file manipulation
- AWS Cloud Experience - AWS Glue, Lambda, Athena, DMS, AWS Transfer, SFTP, S3, EC2
- Hands-on experience in web technologies such as Python, NodeJS, building APIs
- Experiences in the following would be advantageous:
- Agile Frameworks (e.g. Scrum)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- AWS Step Functions, Lake Formation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours