Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Engineering Productivity (ENP) team of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scalability. ENP is an open source, agile development and operation house that is bold, agile and collaborative. The team is responsible for designing, prototyping, building and operating different products and services. Today, ENP has 3 flagship products and several upcoming initiatives.
As the full-stack developer, you will help to level up the team’s competency with your valuable past experiences. Failure experiences are as important as successful experiences. You will drive, implement, deploy, maintain and operate products or key components of the products. You will work closely with different teams to deliver the best possible and impactful solutions for whole-of-government.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated and talented peers, we welcome you to join ENP. Make a difference by taking up the key role and be part of the passionate and inspirational team.
What To Expect
- Drive the development team in building reusable and extensible services
- Ensure high performance and utility of services
- Advocate and practice agile principles in software development
- Design and build services with a focus on business value and usability
- Design systems with scalability and flexibility in mind
- Embrace and ensure “lean operations” for all system
- Contribute in technical discussion or solutioning session
- Perform code reviews and evangelize best practices
- Maintain user guides and technical documentations
How To Succeed
- Experience in designing for automation using provisioning tools (Docker, Chef), continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo etc.)
- Experience with unit testing and regression testing
- Experience with Cloud hosting or PaaS such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Heroku, Firebase, etc
- Write high quality and maintainable code on open-source (Linux based) web platforms and frameworks (Example: NodeJS, Angular, ReactJS, Go, etc.)
- Experience with both frontend and backend development
- Experience with micro-service architecture
- Experience with at least 1 SQL and NoSQL database
- Experience with end-to-end software development from development to operation
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Excellent written and communication and skills
- Work in a cross-functional service team consisting of software engineers, DevOps, and other specialists