Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
GovTech’s Government Digital Services (GDS) aims to spearhead the digital transformation of the Government. As part of this progressive group, you will join a multi-disciplinary team to modernise the way digital applications and services are developed, deployed and maintained across the Whole-of-Government. Our objective is to augment engineering teams with platforms and services that shortens time-to-market and improves operational agility. We employ DevOps principles and ‘shift-left’ technologies in creating solutions in areas like continuous integration/deployment, data sharing as well as applications observability, testing and security.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with industry experts and work with highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS Engineering Productivity (ENP). This is an exciting position with many opportunities for ground-breaking contributions.
As the leading software engineer capabilities group for GovTech, the team is responsible to build and operate existing impactful projects and new exciting strategic projects. If you are looking for opportunities to be part of this excellent team, we welcome you to join us and make a difference to improve the government digital systems.
What you will be working on:
You will be involved in a range of tasks including the following:
- Deliver optimised, scalable, and maintainable end-to-end software systems for the project
- Deliver the frontend and backend software required for the project
- Build business logics and APIs in the back-end to connect all systems and components together
- Develop automated tests to ensure high quality of code and software
- Create documentations for software and systems
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of working experience with cloud hosting and Linux/open-sourced based development, knowledge of AWS is an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in web technologies and software development using agile methodology
- Candidate will be working with these technologies:
- Experience in the following is an added advantage:
- Containers (Docker)
- DevOps and CI/CD automation (Bamboo, Terraform)
- Databases (DynamoDB, RDS)
- RESTful APIs
- Secure software development lifecycle
- Unit testing and functional testing
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs.
We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works
best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
- Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours