Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Engineering Productivity (ENP) team of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. Our objective is to catapult our government infrastructure into the new digital era with faster time to market, operational agility, automated deployment and scalability.
ENP is an agile development and operations house that is bold, agile and collaborative. The team is responsible for designing, prototyping, building and operating different products and services. Today, ENP has 3 flagship products and several upcoming initiatives.
As a Software Engineer(Full Stack), you will help to level up the team's competency with your valuable past experiences. Experiences of failure are just as important as those of success. You will drive, implement, deploy, maintain and operate products or key components of your products. You will work closely with different teams to deliver the best possible and impactful solutions for the GovTech and the rest of the Government.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated and talented peers, we welcome you to join ENP. Make a difference by taking up the key role and be part of the passionate and inspirational team.
What To Expect
- Ownership over feature design and implementation, with a focus on sound technical choices and maintainability. At times, this would be in collaboration with other software engineers.
- Web application development involving frontend, backend and/or cloud infrastructure.
- Autonomy to drive the direction of the product
- Chance to work on creating developer tooling systems from the ground up, from research all the way to implementation.
- Contribute in technical discussions and solutioning sessions.
- Craft and maintain user guides and documentation for users
- Chance to work with different development teams while enabling them to be more productive at the same time
How To Succeed
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills; communicating technically complex ideas to non-technical people effectively is a plus
- Having a growth mindset and willing to share knowledge to grow together with the team
- Enjoy making data driven decisions while leaving ego aside
- Understand that problems can be solved in different ways, sometimes not with engineering; understand how these solutions can and should be evaluated.
- Experience in frontend technologies (HTML, CSS and JS/TS) as well as any web framework (React, Angular, Vue etc)
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with deployments cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud