The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital
transformation of government. STACKOPS is an initiative to allow government
agencies to create high quality and reliable government services for citizens. The initiative will develop the required processes and toolchain to enable government agencies to measure and monitor government services in an agile manner.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS. These are newly created positions with many opportunities for groundbreaking contributions.
What To Expect
- Design and deliver software applications for web platforms
- Write high quality and maintainable code on open-source web platforms and frameworks.
- Develop and build highly scalable systems and services with a focus on business value and usability.
- Improve software quality using agile practices and testing frameworks such as code review, unit testing and integration testing
- 1-3+ years of experience in building large scalable web applications.
- Hands on Experience developing in NodeJS, ReactJS, Jest and accompanied frameworks.
- Contribute in software quality using agile practices such as code review and writing meaningful tests - unit testing, integration testing, TDD.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, SQL.
- Some Knowledge in AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is desirable.
- Knowledge in Monitoring, Logging technologies (Terraform, Ansible, ELK, Grafana) is desirable but not required.
- Experience in open-source contributions is a bonus.
How To Succeed
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Working experience in relational and non-relational databases.
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- A solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
- Work as a team with members of different disciplines (designers, programmers, product managers, etc.)
- Passion for automation, standardization and best practices