Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government. STACKOPS is an initiative to allow government agencies to create high quality and reliable government services for citizens. The initiative will develop the required processes and toolchain to enable government agencies to measure and monitor government services in an agile manner.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS. These are newly created positions with many opportunities for groundbreaking contributions.
What you will be working on:
- Design and deliver software applications for web platforms
- Write high quality and maintainable code on open-source web platforms and frameworks.
- Develop and build highly scalable systems and services with a focus on business value and usability.
- Improve software quality using agile practices and testing frameworks such as code review, unit testing and integration testing
What we are looking for:
- 1-3+ years of experience in building large scalable web applications.
- Hands on Experience developing in NodeJS, ReactJS, Jest and accompanied frameworks.
- Contribute in software quality using agile practices such as code review and writing meaningful tests - unit testing, integration testing, TDD.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, SQL.
- Some Knowledge in AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is desirable.
- Knowledge in Monitoring, Logging technologies (Terraform, Ansible, ELK, Grafana) is desirable but not required.
- Experience in open-source contributions is a bonus.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
- Working experience in relational and non-relational databases.
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- A solid understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
- Work as a team with members of different disciplines (designers, programmers, product managers, etc.)
- Passion for automation, standardization and best practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours