Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a member of Solution Architect Practice Group, you will be responsible for the end-to-end architecture for a system and ensures the detailed design and development is aligned with the Enterprise Architecture of the Agency. Success in this role will be demonstrated by your strong technical aptitude and ability to communicate in an effective and efficient manner.
What you will be working on:
- Provide technical expertise and contribute to establishing the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the agency systems
- Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions
- Translate business requirements, including application resiliency requirements, into application architectural specifications
- Evaluate and recommend the use of leading edge technologies and methods, considering factors, such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality
- Design the architecture blueprint of the organisation's business, information and ICT assets, by using multiple architectural models. Use, govern and enhance the architecture blueprint to ensure that the business and ICT are in alignment.
- Manage technical project delivery; Perform code reviews and make recommendations of code changes; Collaborate with vendor development staff to resolve technical challenges; Help analyze and determine performance tuning and scalability improvements of code and queries
- Provide architecture and technical support during production incidents
What we are looking for:
- Graduate Degree in any subject area
- Min 7 years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications - must have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a tech lead and system architect (i.e. system design, performance tuning, and system prototyping & maintenance)
- A solid software development background and multiple industry certifications.
- Should have experience designing and implementing .Net and/or J2EE applications. Must possess excellent data modelling and SQL skills.
- Solid understanding of Server-side, .Net and/or Java development, Service Oriented Architectures, web services, RESTful API and public web sites / e-services development.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Able to independently analyze and identify comprehensive solutions considering all functional implications while developing a workable solution
- Team player with strong organization and people handling skills
- Strong in writing, presentation and partner management
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company as we believe that diversity is meaningful to innovation. Our employee benefits are based on a total rewards approach, offering a holistic and market-competitive suite of perks. This includes generous leave benefits to meet your work-life needs. We trust that you will get the job done wherever you are, and whatever works best for you – so work from home or take a break to exercise if you need to*. We also believe it’s important for you to keep honing your craft in the constantly-evolving tech landscape, so we provide and support a plethora of in-house and external learning and development opportunities all year round.
*Subject to the nature of your job role that might require you to be onsite during fixed hours